Thursday, March 20, 2008

Brain Rack or Ultimate Nap Time

the other day, i came home, and i had actual mail. i was SO excited to be receiving personal mail items in this the week of my birth. eagerly, i tore into the pretty envelopes and was confronted by....

1. a bridal shower invitation

2. a save the date for an upcoming wedding

now, don't get me wrong, i am actually happy to be participating in these events. but i am currently less than twelve hours away from turning 26, and it's a little depressing to be reminded about how other people in the world aren't going to die alone. i mean, my parents already had a kid by my age, (her name is mara) and what have i done?



exactly.

i can't even blog on a daily basis, even though it would really annoy my sister, and if that isn't motivation, what is, i ask you?

so. even though my life is crap and sugarless, i have decided to make some goals for the upcoming (enter some amount of time).

GOALS

a.

okay, i'm having trouble coming up with any goals. does one have to have passion about something in order to have goals? where is my drive? all i want to do is take a nap, but that doesn't seem likely at this point (although there is a couch in the hallway for some reason...). why can't i think of life improvements for myself and/or others? what's the deal?

let's slow down. maybe i should start with small goals that i've had for awhile, like obtain fame (not the musical, but of the "and fortune" variety). or buying a fainting goat.



you know, this doesn't seem to be working.

hm....

alright, i've got it.

GOALS

a. sort out life

yeah, i'll let you know how it goes.

4 comments:

Who says that? said...

here are some realistic goals for you. since i'm your mom and telling you what to do? whatever.

1) smile
2) have fun on your birthday (pretty sure that'll happen).
3) lead a great trip on ASB (pretty sure that'll happen)
4) go to the beach (pretty sure that'll happen)
5) apply to the container store (pending)

MatthewConley said...

i didn't know you could APPLY to the container store! It's like Narnia, a world I never knew existed! What does one receive after they apply? Are there benefits? Concerts? Meetings? Secret hand shakes? Oh, the joy and mystery that has entered my life!

Anonymous said...

So to make you wonderful Birthday all about me. I am having a crisis. Realizing that my baby cousins (29,26,22) are not babies anymore. All my friends have kids that are close to graduation. So you may feel like you've done nothing but I have never left the country, like you. Happy Birthday!!!! Don't get any older or you won't be my baby cousin anymore since I tell people I am 26. Wink! Wink!

Deb said...

I want to thank you for slacking on your blog while I was away! It made catching up so easy. Miss you!!