Wednesday, February 20, 2008

The Complete First Season or I Wanna Be KATE!

so, today i received a very intriguing email. the subject was Dear Friends of Becky. thinking it was maybe an invitation to a surprise party for becky or something, i opened it. it was as follows:


now, i've actually only met kate once. and in that time she and becky were pilfering from my department. (to be fair, i DID open the door and those multicolored highlighters are very difficult to resist....)


but this email made me like her. i mean, REALLY like her. see, there are many things that kate and i have in common. for instance, we both sometimes talk to becky. what's that all about?

also, kate and becky did power hour for valentine's day:




and even though becky wussed out 2/3rds of the way through, kate plugged on. like a champ. i also drank on valentine's day, although it was more of the beer then margaritas then (ahem) more beer variety. also i played darts, which is super fun (although our game went on just a little too long. once you pass the two hour point, it gets old). so, there's that, too. even though that has little to do with kate.

also, kate is in rabbinical school, a long-held dream of mine. well, to be fair, rabbinical school seems like kind of a pain. my long-held dreams are more about actually BEING a rabbi. although, you know, the journey and all of that. i just can't wait to look like this guy:


sometimes my sibs say that i would be a great rabbi. other times, they advise me agin it (when they're feeling like the southern chicken from futurama). either way, kate is living the dream and procrastinating doing her homework at the same time. (this is less like me. i'm more inclined to make someone else do my homework FOR me than laze about for awhile before doing it myself). that is awesome.

i DO like that kate wrote the aforementioned email. that gains my total approval as it was both funny and something i would do. also, writing personal emails while one should be working gets a check plus.

overall, kate deserves some blog space, and i'm happy to oblige. making fun of becky is always a good idea, kate is funny, and debbie and i both got some enjoyment out of that short little email.

so kate, here's to your awesomeness:


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are amazing! This is great. Many, many giggles. I'd really like to know how you get other people to do your work for you (I've tried, and have yet to be successful). I'm glad you liked my e-mail and took on my little challenge. Becky's been weirded out by the whole thing, and that always makes me smile. Have a fabu day!

Anonymous said...

Don't you hate pants?

Who says that? said...

KATE-you don't even comment on MY blog!