Thursday, January 17, 2008

A Perfectly Good Thing to Blog About or Soup

so, i've been really dry on ideas for the blog of late, which is why the suckage level has been so high. i've been soliciting ideas from other people, but mostly these ideas are stupid. thanks a lot for that.

but, debbie just made a rare appearance in my office, and i asked her what i should write about, and she, too, gave me a dumb idea. ("write about me," she said, "and how great i am." when i gave her a skeptical look, she informed me that it is "a perfectly good thing to blog about." o..k.. )

so, i've decided to do a blog comparison between debbie's suggestion and becky's suggestion which was:


so, here we go: debbie vs. soup:

debbie (pros) soup (pros)


1. lives close by 1. lives IN my apt. v. convenient

2. entertains me at work 2. comes with a cool label

3. nourishes my body (w/alcohol) 3. nourishes my body (w/nutrients)

4. walks to the subway with me 4. warm and tasty

5. (reluctantly) endorsed by becky 5. (majorly) endorsed by becky

okay, i must interrupt myself here. i just wrote to becky to see if she'd "endorse" debbie, you know, because my blog is factual-based and i wouldn't want to misrepresent anyone or anything. so this is how it went:






so, i'm inserting becky into the competition. i'll catch her up here:

becky (pros)

1. hilarious! (but rarely on purpose)

2. loses at scrabulous. a lot.

3. nourishes my body (w/tea or pee. not sure which, but tasted good)

4. goes to lesbian shul with me

5. endorsed by debbie AND soup

to continue:

debbie (pros) becky (pros) soup (pros)

6. shifty-eyed 6. chipper! (poss. con?) 6. delicious

7. makes snide comments 7. says the most random stuff 7. variety. never boring

8. drunk 8. drunk 8. drunk? (w/straw)

well, this is too close to call. i did just spend some time with debbie and becky, and debbie was eating soup, and we already know that becky endorses soup. i guess by their own admission, soup is the best.


soup wins, afterall!

2 comments:

Deb said...

You did listen to me and start tagging your blog posts, does soup provide such great ideas?

Anonymous said...

debbie really wants to win!