Thursday, January 24, 2008

On Thin Ice or Why I Hate Squirrels



today i was enjoying a short walk in central park. it was a little chilly, but, you know, every three days i like to leave the building so as not to go crazy. i mean, i deal with situations like this all day every day, where i get emails like this:



so i schedule a meeting and label it with the only thing that makes sense for this kind of meeting, and get this response:


note that 22 minutes have elapsed between the first and second email. one would think that it was obvious that this meeting was the one that i was asked to schedule. but. that didn't stop the many, many emails that had to go back and forth about this stupid meeting:


it was great. anyway, i thought i'd take a break from my ridiculous job by going for a walk with this guy:


so, we went to central park to enjoy the day. alas, twas not meant to be a peaceful afternoon. some punk-ass squirrel started giving me attitude the second i walked past my old hula-hooping grounds (you know, before they closed the grass for the season). it wasn't enough for the stupid little thing to strut around, even though the fence clearly stated that he shouldn't be there:



but then, as i'm staring wistfully at my favorite, now forbidden spot, he starts giving me attitude, chattering at me and shaking his little fist! so, i look at him and say,

you got a problem friend?

he just continues yelling at me in his strangled little voice, and so i say,

what? bring it on! you're not better than me!

nothing. he refuses to admit that i'm awesome and he sucks.

finally, boaz makes me move on. but i wasn't happy about it. then THEN i had to spend twenty minutes talking boaz out of walking out on the in no way solidified water in the dirtiest pond ever, as he thought it looked fine. it didn't:



we got past that crisis, and i felt okay about life. then, i had to go back to work and (sigh) my microsoft outlook. we used to have a fine relationship, but lately, we've been struggling.

perhaps it's time for outlook and me to get some professional help:

No comments: