Friday, December 21, 2007

Procrastination or You expect me to come up with a second title?!

My name is Debbie. I procrastinate. It is in my genes. I often forget that I am a procrastinator, and so when I said yes to this guest blogging thing I had grand ideas. Especially when Erin sent out a schedule, I had over a week to plan out exactly what I would write (that didn’t stop me from trying to make Erin feel badly for putting me close to the end, I am nice, this is why we are friends). But of course, my procrastination genes kicked in, and instead of spending the week brainstorming my post, I spent it talking about how I really needed to start brainstorming my post. See, this is how a true procrastinator operates. We spend all of our time talking about what we need to do, how we are running out of time, when it would’ve taken half the time to just do what we were talking about (though that would be way less fun). Evidence that this is not the only thing I procrastinate:

  1. I have my own blog – itsalltoomuch.blogspot.com – head over there and check it out (I even got a comment from someone I don’t know, I tell this “story” over and over no matter how much it bores everyone around me). Now, have you gone and read it (that’s right, I am not just going to tell you what is there). That my friends (or people I don’t know) is true procrastination.
  1. I have a broken TV in my apartment that I still watch – it looks like a 3D movie, it has been this way since a week after I moved in (a year and a half ago). My brother and I (we share genes and an apartment) used to discuss getting a new tv a lot, of course we never actually did it. Eventually we will, maybe soon, maybe not, though we should start talking about it again.
  1. My goal my last semester of college was to write a paper more than one day before it was due (I did not achieve this goal). However, that semester, I did begin writing a 10 page paper at 11AM, when it was due at 4PM that very same day (I got an A- on it, procrastination = getting good grades).


That was fun, how about another list (lists are procrastinators best friends).

These are all the possible topics that I thought or someone suggested to me for this blog entry. I bet you are wishing I hadn’t procrastinated and taken the time to write about them.

  1. Gilmore Girls
  2. Counterpoint to an earlier Erin post: Why I like to eat and SHARE my ice cream
  3. Willie Randolph as
  4. The Writer’s Strike (I support them)
  5. Why the 2008 election should be postponed until Stewart & Colbert are back on TV (America is being cheated)
  6. Tu B’Shevat
  7. The joy of Beer Pong
  8. Things I miss about Erin
  9. Things I don’t miss about Erin
  10. My year end top ten lists
  11. TV shows you must watch (if I don’t procrastinate finishing this entry too much, I may have another list in me yet)
  12. The best activities to do while procrastinating
  13. The meaning of life and how I discovered it
  14. Name that television quote! Here’s one: “Weapons of Mass destruction were found in Iraq. And what that means for your weekend?!”
  15. Why the Mets are ruining my life
  16. The best places to eat in Queens
  17. Procrastination (oh wait, I did write about something I thought of earlier, maybe I am not a procrastinator after all)!


Okay, so now that I realize that my whole entire life is a lie, I need to go crawl under my desk and cry. And then get back to work yelling at insane Israelies and talking about Tu B’Shevat (don’t I have an awesome job)!

I think I achieved my goal of slightly amusing myself, boring all of you and making you salivate for Erin’s triumphant return. Who knows, maybe I will actually start writing on my own blog again.

Last idea: Who here thinks Erin should rate our guest posts? Maybe I should’ve written about my competitive streak.

1 comment:

Erin Elan said...

1. you're kind of funny
2. we can now do a 30 rock marathon on my non-broken tv
3. where the hell are you and
4. why aren't you entertaining me??