Sunday, December 9, 2007

Head Explosion or What Bwings us Togeber Today

my sister got engaged this weekend. this makes me think that she is busy, seeing as how the definition of engaged, according to dictionary.com states this to be the case. but i know that she isn't busy because i know her. i'm pretty sure she's watching buffy right now....

anyway, since you probably have never heard of someone "getting engaged" before, it means that she's going to marry this guy:


he's the one in the red.

for those of you who thinks he looks like sean, you are COMPLETELY wrong. sean looks like this:


he's the one in the blue

and for those of you (julie) who watched wonderfalls, sean is his own person and in no way resembles this guy:
tyron leitso

now that we've cleared all of that up and we know that mara is marrying tyron leitso this coming september, we can move on to my point. because, of course, i have one.

being there right after my sister got engaged was really surreal. it was wonderful and touching (i mean, captain morgan was there). and we celebrated old school with champaigne. and it would have continued to be a great thing if no one found out about the engagement. as it is, i was drunk on champaigne and those shots the captain gave us, so i told everyone i know about said engagement.

big mistake.

everyone is happy for my sister, which is great. the thing is, though, everyone is now a little bit concerned about me. generally, when someone's older sister gets engaged, they would look to me (the obvious next in line), wink and say "guess you're next" and then wink some more. but people in my life look at me and they can't wink. i mean, at least some of them are physically capable of it, the reason they can't wink is because everyone knows i'm not next for anything.

let's look at the evidence. the text message i received from special lady kt when i wrote to her about mar-mar was as something like:

oh my god! call me if you need to talk. i love you!

the way i read this is:

oh my god! you are so alone in the world and no one will ever love you, but i pity you, even though i still won't let you spoon with me when we share a bed, and i need my own blanket, too, but if you need to talk, call me.

this from a best friend.

and then today my dad says something like:

i had to tell grandma not to mention mara's engagement around you. i mean, i could just see her turning to mara and saying, you're in love, honey, you're happy and getting married, then turning to barret and saying, and you've got your movie, you're on your way to being an acting success, and then turning to you and....well, that's why i talked to her.

i told dad that i was glad i wasn't going to see the family this winter. (which was a lie, but yeesh! can you believe he said that?) i also realized from this conversation that while my dad clearly adores me (and who wouldn't? i am pretty much his perfect little clone),


he's the one on the right (i'm the one on the left)

he clearly has no faith that i will ever in any way be successful in love, life, or the film industry. i don't know where he gets this stuff.

and i want to set the record straight. i am NOT going to die alone. i am completely lovable and wonderful and very attractive and not at all desperate. (please feel free to send this on to eligible bachelors that you know....) i'm awesome, and i call no man mister!

and all this is to say congratulations to my sister (who will probably quit reading before this point in the entry because there is buffy to watch) and chris. also congratulations to barret for his movie.

i'm going to go eat a bucket of ice cream (which i still have since i refuse to share it with anyone).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, sometimes when my mom thinks I'm not going to get married she says things like "You're such a wonderful person...Any guy would be lucky to have you"-awkward. But, I don't pity you because of your sister. I pity you because of your lacking social graces and work department. Oh wait, that's me!
What am I talking about?
Don't you think that bridge looks like a frown? Doesn't it? <3

Anonymous said...

So my thought was, wow good for her, then I thought damn, I think I was suppose to be first, saying as I am 8 years older, then I remember that I have no want of getting married anytime soon, then I remember that I don't have to worry cause I 'll be married before you and that's only because I will finally give up myself and let some random guy trick me into marriage. And as I am getting divorce for the 3rd time you will be on the first cause you waited until you were ready. Which is not to say anything about anyone else, but you are so fabulous that your choices are many, and it takes a while to get through them all. Unlike me and dang it you were suppose to be there to help me through the holiday blues. Hmm, I guess its the lil one in the movie.

Sean Wade said...

Well I'm glad someone finally realized that Chris and I look nothing alike and are completely different in every way. Also, where did you get that picture from...I don't remember having a red shirt like that. Anyway, congratulations Mara and Chris!

Mara said...

Oh, foolish sister. As if, having just gotten engaged less than 48 hours beforehand, I would be watching Buffy...On an unrelated note, I ran out of Buffy episodes last week--do you know anyone with Season Two?