Friday, August 28, 2009

What's that Smell? Or A Brief Conversation with Disheveled British Guy

so, my dad called me last night, just to tell me that he's caught up on my blog. yes, this blog, the one i haven't updated for months. he just caught up....

anyway, i suppose i shouldn't say that's the only reason he called. he also called to berate me for failing on my six month goal to produce any substantial writing. what can i say, he's supportive....

so. dad has inspired me to publish the most substantial thing i could think of (or, you know, saph could think of, since she suggested this post), which was this deep, intellectual, and provoking conversation i had recently with disheveled british guy. remember him? well, he's still here, he's still british, and still very much disheveled. 

enjoy.

me: hello! how's it going? i hear you got a dog.

dbg: 'ello, erin! yes, yes, i got a dog. on a whim, really, i was a little bit drunk at the time.

me: oh! um...what kind of dog is it?

dbg: it's a puggle.

me: that's so cute! what did you name him?

dbg: (pause) puggle.

me: oh, um, that's....so do you like having a dog?

dbg: yeah, yeah....it turns out, dogs are a lot of work. i have to take care of him. every day. like, feed him and take him out. he's making me more responsible, though, so that's good, i suppose.

me: that's...good....

(pause)

me: ok, well, see ya!

dbg: bye!


deep, right?!

1 comment:

Aaru Garg said...

Panchang gives you a brief about the auspicious and inauspicious timings in a life span. You can choose good times and omit bad times in your life with the correct knowledge of Panchang. Daily and Monthly Panchang can be seen on mPanchang and you can execute auspicious work in your life accordingly.