Tuesday, May 6, 2008

I Guess I'll Go Eat Worms or My Life as Compared to Buffy

i started out thinking that today i would compare my life to that book, alexander and the terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day, and then possibly end the day by moving to australia:



okay, i already need to interrupt myself before i continue on to what i'm sure you can already tell will be a self-pitying, what does it all mean, my life is terrible, et. al. entry. did you know that alexander and the terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day is a MUSICAL?! yeah, i know! i can't even believe it! crazy.



anyway, i was going to start out with an analogy linking the quite somber book to my life. it was going to be poetic and sincere, with just a touch of tragedy. but instead, i'm going to find another way to feel sorry for myself.

annoying things were happening today. examples?

i bit my tongue while i was showering (that's actually two bad things, as we all know that i hate showering)

i messed up the hat i was knitting for an unspecified baby

i had to talk to ira

i squirted soap all over my skirt while at work.

so, while i was trying to complain to some co-workers about my terrible day, they kept interrupting me! i mean, really? i'm whining here! i tried several times to run through my list of complaints about life, but i never got very far.

then i got a phone call from someone else who was also having not the greatest day. i listened sympathetically. i "tsk"-ed at the appropriate times. i "uh-huh"-ed and "those bastards"-ed when the times called for it.

and then i tried to actually speak a sentence.

this maneuver was my downfall, as i got interrupted mid-statement. is my voice not working today? can no one hear me? is this like that episode of buffy where no one can find willow and it turns out she's invisible? is it? IS IT?! because i don't want to have my skin eaten off by some creepy monster with a long tongue who probably has poor dental hygiene:



and the thing is, i've been feeling out of sorts a lot lately. i mean, who knows why. maybe it's because i've gone a few days without ice cream. or it might be that i haven't been taking my vitamins. more than likely, it's because when the slayer died (and subsequently came back to life), the equilibrium of the world was thrown off and now evil has seized upon its chance to take over the world.

and because of this. i have decided to speak louder and ruin everyone else's day as well. so, have fun talking to me....

1 comment:

Who says that? said...

I love that book too!