Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Fame! or I'm Gonna Live Forever

so, most people who know me know that all i want in life is to be famous. some people don't understand this. they say:

they: erin, i don't understand this. what do you mean you want to be famous?

to which i respond:

me: just that. i want to be famous.

and then we have a conversation like:

they: you mean, you want to be a famous actor or singer?

me: no. i mean, i like those things, but they aren't necessary for my fame.

they: so, you want to be wealthy?

me: i could use a little extra cash flow, but i don't need to make that much money. i played MASH yesterday, so i know wealth isn't in my future.

they: so, what exactly is it that you want with fame?

well, let me tell you. i really, really, really can't stand that there are people who i know about who don't know who i am. who are they that they are so important? seriously, i went to a bar awhile ago, and as i sauntered up to the door i saw a familiar looking man standing on the sidewalk, smoking, with a tiny blonde draped over his arm. it took me a second to realize that i didn't know this man, as i initially thought, rather it was heath ledger. i got so angry and indignant about the fact that i knew who he was, even though he didn't have a damn clue who i was that i just turned on my heels and went home.

and now he's dead. thanks for bringing that up. (this is a true story, by the way.)

anyway, people should know who i am. they don't have to love me. it doesn't have to be based on any sort of "talent" or anything. i just want more people to know of me than i know of. this is all i want. fame:


what's the point of all of this? well, my friend, let me tell you.

finally. FINALLY there is a blog out there dedicated to talking about JUST me and becky. that's right! debbie has decided to dedicate her blog to talking about ME and becky. so, after many years of waiting, i'm finally getting what i deserve. a forum for people to discuss me. so go. go and spread the word.

i'll wait here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't understand your comment on my blog: whomever.
what?

also, thanks for making YOUR NAME really big and my name really small. fame hog.

i want to live forever too!

Anonymous said...

How is it that on my B-day I still end up thinking of only you.