Thursday, April 17, 2008

Dear Diary or What I Ate Today

so, today i was chatting with mara and julie at dinner about how i was thinking of blogging on what i ate today. mara so lovingly reminded me that my old diaries used to be completely about what i ate on any given day.

i beg to differ, though. i distinctly remember writing a passage about how i "pine for" brady miller. no, really i used those words. and really, i had a crush on brady miller:

on the left

but what do you want? i was in middle school with raging hormones and a thing for thespians. and the whole "pine for" thing wasn't my fault, either. i mean, it was renaissance festival time. which reminds me of turkey drumsticks and brings me back to my point:




things i ate today

dear diary,

today was an okay day. i woke up before my alarm clock again, which was annoying because i wanted to sleep in. but it did give me a chance to take a shower, which i guess is okay, even though i kinda didn't wanna take a shower. i mean, i JUST showered two days ago.....anyway, i kind of wanted to nibble on something right away. i was actually kinda hungry, which is weird because i don't usually eat until i get into the office, but after getting my lunch ready (rice to go with the panang tuna pack i had at work)



and grabbing some fruit, i decided to just get going. it was nice outside.

so, i actually didn't notice that i still hadn't eaten anything by eleven, which, again, weird because i usually eat at nine thirty or ten. but, to be fair, i did try to have some strawberries around 9:15. they had gone bad, which didn't stop me from biting into one, anyway, but it was no good.

and then i DID have a handful of honey nut cheerios, which i shoved frantically into my mouth, but that doesn't count because i didn't get any milk to put it in, thus wasting time by going down to the fridge on the second floor, talking to becky about her fake child named jewish, and filling my stomach in the way i normally do with cereal and milk.


then at eleven, i went to the fourth floor for something (i forgot what by the time i got there), and when i left, i filled my water bottle AND took a piece of chocolate covered matzoh. i started eating it on the way down, but then when i got to my desk, i decided that it would go really well with my fuji apple, so i supplemented, taking a bite of matzoh then a bite of apple.

it was just okay.

twelve thirty brought on cookie walk '08 (part 1), a scheduled affair that took us back to levain bakery for delicious chocolate chip brioche and whatever everyone else got.

at levain bakery

now, i wasn't going to eat it until after i had lunch, but instead i ate in on the way back to the office. and then i wasn't hungry for lunch.

cookie walk '08 (part 1) crew

i did have some sugar snap peas. those were good.

i met julie and mara for dinner, which was nice because i don't get to see julie that often, and i really like my sister. we went to a thai place, and i ordered pad see ew, but they called it pad see eil, which was TOTALLY crazy! anyway, i ate way too much and felt sick after dinner, which sucked, but passover is starting soon, so i couldn't really take leftovers with me.

now i'm home and watching amelie. i love this movie, it's so pretty. i wonder if brady miller would like it....

that's all for now. i'll write more if i have any ice cream or something later. thanks for listening, diary. you're always here for me.

love,
erin


and yes, i really did sign my diary "love" and my name. sad. i know.

No comments: